Are you experiencing some leakage when you cough, laugh, sneeze or exercise? You’re not alone.
Incontinence affects around 30% of women and 20% of men in New Zealand. The good news? You don’t need to suffer with these issues - physiotherapy can help.
Pelvic Health Physiotherapist, Karly Coltman, is here to help you regain control of your bladder, bowel and sexual function.
Are you experiencing any of these signs of dysfunction?
- Racing to the loo and leaking on the way
- A heavy or bulging sensation in your vagina
- Frequent urinating and / or pain in the bladder
- Leaking urine when you run, jump, sneeze etc.
- Pain or discomfort in your lower abdomen or vagina
- Pain during sexual intercourse
Karly Coltman, our Pelvic Health physiotherapist, is trained in looking after women and men with pelvic floor issues. Karly will assess you and develop a treatment plan that’s just right for you.
Physiotherapy is advocated as a first line treatment for urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, bladder pain syndrome and other pelvic floor disorders by professional medical bodies such as IUGA & FIGO.
How can physiotherapy help me?
- A thorough subjective assessment in everything related to pelvic health
- Pelvic floor strengthening
- Pelvic floor relaxation/down training
- Bladder or bowel retraining
- Exercises to regain normal pelvic floor muscle tone and strength
- Advice on posture and back care
- Assessment on your readiness to return to vigorous exercise following childbirth
- Assessment and treatment of painful scar tissue
- Assessment and treatment for pelvic pain and/or pain with sexual intercourse
- Fitting of a pessary in the case of pelvic organ prolapse and/or stress urinary incontinence
What is causing these problems?
Many factors can contribute to pelvic dysfunction. These include hormones, pregnancy, child birth, menopause, weight gain, stress, radiation therapy, surgery, trauma, constipation, dietary factors or poor toileting habits.
What will a consultation cost?
Initial Consultation (1 hour) - $115
Follow-up Consultation (30 min) - $65
For more information - email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't be shy.
Many men and women don’t seek help for pelvic floor issues. We are busy, embarrassed or think that it is normal. Our specialist Pelvic Heath physio sees clients every day with all sorts or minor and more complicated pelvic floor issues. You’ll feel very relieved once you have discussed your problems and have a plan for addressing them. No referral needed.
If you have any questions about whether Pelvic Physiotherapy is right for you, please get in touch via email email@example.com